You want to support Eclectic Theatre? Find out more: Support and donations.
Our next show: King Lear
“It will come, humanity must perforce prey on itself, like monsters of the deep.”
Once upon a time there was an old king who unwisely gave his crown and country to his daughters.
So begins King Lear, Shakespeare’s darkest tragedy. What begins almost as a fairytale becomes a nightmare as the world descends into chaos and cruelty, where every natural bond of affection is broken: children turn against their parents, fathers seek the death of their sons, and siblings tear each other to pieces.
In this play, which has been considered by many to represent the summit of his genius, Shakespeare takes a merciless look at the bestial side of humanity and what happens when it takes over and destroys the flimsy fabric of civilisation. King Lear leads us on a journey through rage and madness to hope and back to despair. And as a warning, it has lost none of its relevance or its power over the 400 years since his death in 1616.
Where and when?
- Performances of King Lear
- March 16, 2017 (Thu), 20:00
- March 17, 2017 (Fri), 20:00
- April 6, 2017 (Thu), 20:00
- April 7, 2017 (Fri), 20:00
- Performances of The Snow Queen
- January 12, 2017 (Thu), 18:00
- January 13, 2017 (Fri), 18:00
- February 2, 2017 (Thu), 18:00
- February 3, 2017 (Fri), 18:00
- All shows at Theaterhaus Rudi, Fechnerstraße 2a in 01139 Dresden, directly at the tram stop Rankestraße (4, 70, 80)
- Tickets via phone (+49 351 849 19 25) or via e-mail (email@example.com) or online at www.theaterhaus-rudi.de.
- Price: 8€ (5€ reduced)
- Price for The Snow Queen: 5€ (3€ reduced)
If you would like to purchase vouchers for Eclectic Theatre’s performances, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. (excluding premieres)